Bright Day GRAPHENE
Summer job for Chemical Engineer/Nano Technology student
Bright Day Graphene is a start-up company that is building a new process for the production of Graphene from biomass. We call this graphene green, because it is made from renewable sources and produced in an eco-friendly way. Our green graphene is also high performing, it has unique properties that makes it especially suitable for energy storage and electronics. We are an innovation company with the ambition to help our customers, not only to reach the next step in technology evolution, but to take big leaps to entirely new levels.
Right now, we have a pilot in lab scale that we are running and optimizing to make samples for funded projects and for early customers. This is also the basis for an industrialized process and we are planning an industrial pilot scale in 2022. We need someone who can keep this lab process running together with us during the summer.
You will be a part of our team and will help us build this company almost from the beginning. You will be based in Kista, Stockholm. The position would be from the 21st of June 2021 to the 6th of August.
We think you:
- Are in the end of your Master studies in Chemical Engineering, Nano Technology, or something similar.
- Are attentive to details and like structure and order.
- Are curious.
- Like to work with development of new things.
- Have some lab experience and can do some predesigned experiments for example sample preparation for quality control.
- Are systemized in your work and good at keeping logs of what has been done.
- Are self-motivated and solution driven.
- Have a hands-on, can-do attitude and like to work and solve problems both practically and theoretically, having a lot of ideas how to improve things.
- Like to work with others and alone.
- Are self-motivated.
This position includes work such as:
- Work together with BDGs research engineers to keep the production line running and to solve any practical problems that might show up along the way.
- To help with the fine tuning of process parameters and, if possible, suggest improvements.
- Produce and prepare samples for collaboration partners and customers.
More about us:
Bright Day Graphene is based on an idea that it is possible to have financial growth, efficiency, good quality of life AND sustainable solutions. We believe that new technology is where the answer to sustainable growth and wealth is. We strive to offer great preforming materials with no negative impact on our earth. We are convinced that material performance and efficiency walk hand in hand with sustainability and eco friendliness.
Our goal is to create innovative solutions beyond today´s knowledge base. To be able to do this we have to think differently. That means that we have decided to never accept truths, paths, methods and solutions just because “that is how it is done”. We believe that there are always hundreds of possible solutions or answers to a question and we are curious about the ones that have not yet been tried!